I thought I always knew what I was called to do in my life. Leadership, young women, children…The only thing was I would find myself not being fullfilled fully in these activities, I would find myself still searching for more. That was until I came here to IHOP (International House of Prayer) and my core leader began talking about our callings.
: a strong inner impulse toward a particular course of action especially when accompanied by conviction of divine influence
Our calling on this earth is to behold the beauty of the Lord, to see and hear God, to FEEL His HEART.
Simply put My calling is HIM.
Its not participating in church events, praying for teens, or mentoring (while they are all valid and important parts of life). My eyes were made to gaze upon the Holy One, my mind was created to be set on Him, my body was created to worship Him. I was created for Him. To be a vessel, an expression of Him.
:the action for which a person or thing is specially fitted or used or for which a thing exists : purpose
My function are those things that the Lord has available (ministry) if I would choose to walk in them, commonly mistaken as ones calling. But in order to be able to function. I must first be opperating in my calling.
Its short and sweet. Im finding the simple things are the profound things that are radically changing my life.
- Like when God interacts with me He looks at my spirit, He sees me as righteous because when I was born again my spirit was made righteous.
- Or do I love God or the benefits of God?
- Or do I judge my friends because there not making my life comfortable or am I truly looking out for them?
- Realizing im simply a kitten who thinks its a tiger.
- God loves me in my weakness
- I dont have to choose my husband, God already chose him for me
- My eyes were made to see HOLY
- I dont want to be an echo, I want to be a VOICE
The list goes on and on and on and on. Everyday a new revelation. Everyday a new breakthrough. Everyday a deeper realization how weak I am, and How strong HE IS. Life here is beautiful, yet hard. But its worth every tear, its worth every smile. Because through it all I am determining what I stand for, and just how SAFE HE is.